
Friday afternoon we flew to Delhi to visit Ballgame at the hospital. Traveling up there we were excited to see him but also nervous about telling him about Justin. We wanted to make sure he was completely awake and aware when we told him but also did not want to lie to him about why Justin wasn't with us. Friday night he was on some pain medicine so only Stephen and I were able to go in to see him. We were still so encouraged to see all the progress that he has made in the past two weeks. Saturday morning we went back up to the hospital as soon as we were allowed in. Stephen and I, along with Mr. and Mrs. Miller, broke the news to him about Justin early that morning. He was extremely sad but said that he still wanted to see everyone. Ballgame gathered all of us around his bed for a little speech where he told each of us what he loved about us and encouraged us to keep laboring in India. He told us that he is going to come back as soon as he is healthy. We had anticipated the trip to be focused on comforting him but that afternoon he encouraged each of us so much.
Saturday night we all went to eat at Bennigans!! In the states, my family has only had dinner at Bennigans once and we always make fun of it. But in India it was such a treat...funny how life works. Brittan and I ordered a Monte Criso and a Crispy Chicken Salad. They were sooo good!!
Sunday we all spent a lot of time talking about Justin. Ballgame began processing the loss of a best friend. He told us that even though he was in more pain than he has ever faced that he is glad that he was on that bike with Justin so that he did not have to go through the wreck by himself. I was so touched by those words.
1 comment:
I am so glad everything went so well with Ballgame this week-end. We are still praying for him and have him on our prayer list at church. By the way.. FYI ...I have had a Monte Cristo at Benigans too...And it really was soooo good! Love vou lots, Annie
Post a Comment