I have just recently started reading thru a devotional book called "Believing God" by Beth Moore. I have been wanting to do this study for some time now but am just now finishing my last book. The first week talks about five motivations for believing God.
1. Incomparable Power (Eph 1:19_
2. The pleasure of God (Heb 11:6)
3. Reward (Heb 11:6b)
4. God will often act according to our faith (Matt 9:29)
5. Believing God is credited to us as righteousness (Rom 4:22-24)
It has been so cool to read thru these passages about faith and believing in God's power in light of what we have seen Him do in the past month. We have truly seen God work a miracle in John's life. I have never been a part of so many answered prayers. I have always believed that God has the power to do anything but seeing Him specifically answer prayers to heal specific parts of John's body has been amazing. Because my faith is small, it feels like I am surprised when God moves in big ways. Does that make sense?
We are going to get to see John this weekend. I can not wait! I know that if I am ever tempted to doubt the power of God that He will point me back to what I have seen him do in John's life. Not that He will always answer every prayer but that He is good, He loves us and we can trust Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment