9/09/2008

My 25th Birthday!!


I had very low expectations of my birthday this year. Like I said in my previous posts we have been going through a tough time, so I figured my birthday would be pretty sad but my husband, sister and team made my day very special. I woke up to a french toast breakfast in bed from Brittan. What a sweetheart! Then we did a few sessions of grief counseling, which was pretty hard but very good for us all. After that they let me pick where went to lunch...guess what I choose...KFC!! Pretty funny, right? After lunch all of us girls went to get pedicures at Bubbles!! It felt so good and my french pedicure looks great! Blake and Matt showed up at Bubbles and told me that they needed to take me somewhere for a surprise. They had me close my eyes and when I opened them I saw Stephen and Rob standing there with a camel for us to ride around our favorite park in India. This was such a thoughtful gift because three years ago, when Stephen and I came on a summer team, we had the chance to ride a camel together. It is a fun memory that we always look back on. We had a blast together again. The evening consisted of queso, funfetti cake, diet coke and presents! They also put up 25 things they loved about me as wall decorations...I can't think of a better choice of decor!! At some point during the day, Rob taught the street kids who I talk to every single day how to sing Happy Birthday. They kept yelling "Happy birthday to you LICEY" My team is amazing. Yea for birthdays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you are blogging again!! I love you very much!

Jennie said...

What a great blog! Thanks for letting us know about it--I will look forward to reading it often. We're doing ok--in the middle of a lot of company, so that's awesome and helps the time go by fast. I had a job interview last Tues, and I have a second one this coming Tuesday, which I'm completely excited about. It would be so wonderful to have a job again!