Carroms is a very fun game. We have a carroms table on the bottom floor of our house. A few of the guys have been into it for several months but Brittan and I have just recently gotten excited about it. I will try to explain it. You are either shooting for white or black. You are trying to flick them into one of the holes in the four corners of the board using a cue. Think pool, except the cue ball is more like a checker and the pool stick is replaced by your finger. We are getting pretty good at the game and have been playing a lot lately.
Three funny things about carroms -
1. We looked into buying another one and it would cost 400 rs (8 dollars.) but after talking about it we decided that we would rather just buy one in the states instead of having to ship it home. Guess how much it cost to buy one in the USA?? 200 dollars. Can you believe that? How can you hike up the price that much? That is ridiculous.
2. We got a lot of practice the other night by candlelight because our power was out. No worries it was only 115 degrees, without air-conditioning. Wow!
3. When Stephen and I were here on our summer team and the first stint was here Dagan and Pace decided to try to get a carroms board sent to their house in Conway. They ended up running out of time and had to just give the board and some money to their Indian friend to ship. I am pretty confident that they never saw the board or the money again.


2 comments:
I could not believe it when I checked your blog spot,,,I did not know if I would ever hear from you again! Sounds like a great game, but it sounds like you better get it ordered quick before you leave. I would love to play it when we come to Ft. Worth to visit you..soon! Love you, Annie
Hey! Annie called today and she found a carrom board at Restoration Hardware.....can you believe it? I told her she was the #1 Shopper in the whole world!!
Post a Comment