5/24/2009

Wimbledon

On our way home from India we fly through London and darn it, we are going to have a pretty long layover - a 3 day layover!!  I am so excited.  I've never been to London.  I searched and searched and finally found us a great hotel for really cheap (London standards anyway.)  As I was looking up hotel information I found some other exciting news.  The few days that we will be there fall right in the middle of Wimbledon.  At first this was bad news because it meant that the hotel prices would spike but after booking our hotel it is just exciting.  I mean, what are the chances that we would get to be in town during the biggest tennis tourney of the whole world??  You would think that it would be impossible to go but after doing some research it turns out that each day they reserve over 6,000 tickets for day-of sale.  The first 1,500 are expensive and for the center court- where the most important match is played each day but the 4,500 after that are only 7 British Pounds.  Now that is do-able.  We will be there during the round where there are 16 players left in the tournament so if we get to go we will without a doubt be seeing the most famous tennis stars!!  How fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm so excited for you!!! that is one of my DREAMS in life! Take so many pics if you end up going! And... I like this talk about coming home - I CAN"T WAIT!!!

Unknown said...

oh crap - that was Anna Miller - I'm on my sisters blogger name haha