1/22/2009

Psalm 121

Fear is something that I have struggled with a lot while living in India. I have felt less in control of my circumstances which has forced me to trust the Lord in a totally new way. Praying and reading God's word are two of the only things that can bring me comfort when I am feeling anxious. In December I was sharing about this struggle with my friend Pam. She wrote me a note the next morning after reading Psalm 121 in her quiet time. It is an incredible Psalm and I have spent a lot of time meditating on it since.

Each day I get a Bible verse sent to my inbox and today it was Psalm 121: 1-3. I thought it was cool that a verse that has meant so much to me this past month was sent to me so I wanted to share it with you.

“I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip- He Who watches over you will not slumber.”

When you are feeling out of control or fearful are there any particular verses that bring comfort to you?

1 comment:

Annie said...

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. I memorized this verse several years ago and it is one of my favorites!! I hope you can use it too when you are feeling afraid or worried! Love, Annie