12/29/2008

Christmas in India


We had a unique Christmas this year.  I wouldn't ever choose to be away from my family during the holiday season but we did manage to have a good time.  We tried to incorporate everyone's holiday traditions into a week of fun.  We baked and decorated cookies, opened presents that the WET team brought from our families, and had a hot chocolate bar.  We ate so much food it was crazy.  We had two gift exchanges with our team: one with a two dollar gift (100 rupees) and one with a good Secret Santa present.  Stephen got a box full of 100 rupees worth of bananas which I personally think is the most hilarious white elephant gift ever.    Get excited too because we got a Wii!!  Stephen did not know about it so it was a huge surprise!!  We are still searching for a transformer so that it will not blow up in India's weird electricity but we can not wait to use it!!  I'm sure we will have hours and hours of fun - I'm thinking that we need to do a team golf tournament sometime soon!!  I do not prefer being away from my family on the holidays but we were blessed with another great Christmas.  






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you get 24 Season 6?

Anonymous said...

We too had a good Christmas even with a few missing pieces. We had lots of good times playing games, matching pajamas, playing games, watching Hannah,playing games.... I would not choose to have my children half way around the world....literally, but I am very, very proud of you. Love you all so much!

You hate bananas!!