10/31/2008

Candy for Breakfast


Even though I hate to admit it, at 25 I still get so excited for Halloween!! I love candy so much. I always have. Halloween is about dressing up in creative costumes and carving jack-o-lanterns but an excuse to eat candy all day is the best part of October 31st in my book! This morning I woke up, ate a jolly rancher with my coffee and then a couple of mini reeses cups (thanks Fitzgerald family!!) Then I experienced a sugar high and was running into everyone's rooms singing "Candy for breakfast, candy for breakfast." One problem is that my stomach started hurting after about an hour so I had to eat a regular breakfast. But I did decide that if we have kids I want to start a tradition where the day after Halloween our kids can eat all the candy they want for breakfast!! Don't you think that kids would LOVE that??

3 comments:

Annie said...

Just think back...it hasn't been that many years ago that it would make you sick to your stomach just thinking about having to share your candy with anyone. So, I think it is wonderful that you are even thinking about letting your kids even have any of the candy!!! How far you have come!!!

Megan said...

Candy for breakfast sounds terrific. Just send them to school so they can throw up there and you don't have to clean it up! :-)

Jennie said...

I LOVE the candy for breakfast idea too. Just one of those things I feel like people should let their kids do. :-)